Sometimes you plan on doing a million things and then the day just doesn’t go as planned and you end up thinking. I just want to keep it simple today. So that’s exactly what I did. I was done while my pasta was cooking. The other day, I received this amazing food post and decided I would work with the cherry tomatoes today. These are not just any tomato, these are called ‘honingtomaten’ from Honingtomaten.nl. When making this dish, the tomatoes you’ll use will make the difference. Trust me 😉 The better the quality, the better you’ll sauce will taste. Oh and of course never compromise on a good piece of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Recipe for Culinessa’s Easy tomato pasta ~ serves 1
– 6 cherry tomatoes (honingtomaatjes), cut in to 4 pieces
– Half of a medium sized onion, cut in to little cubes
– Dash of white wine
– Salt and Pepper
– Parmigiano Reggiano
– Flat leaf parsley, 2 sprigs chopped up
– Pasta of Choice 100 gr
– Put a big pan of water and some salt and add in your pasta when the water is boiling.
– In the mean time; in a pan add a dash of olive oil and fry your onions till they are translucent.
– Now add in your cherry tomatoes and take some pasta water and cook them until they are nice and soft.
– Season with salt and pepper and add in a dash of white wine.
– When your pasta is cooked to your preference, drain and add the pasta to the “tomato sauce” mixture.
– Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and sprinkle some of the flat leaf parsley
Check out more recipes here